Our Professional Development days are currently on hold due to the closure of Adelaide Zoo
In 2019 Adelaide Zoo Learning presents a new inquiry approach where students compare historical attitudes and contemporary approaches to animal welfare and conservation by exploring and designing their own animal enclosure.
This PD is for Upper and Middle Primary and Middle Years teachers (sorry, no pre-service teachers this time)
In this 2 hour workshop, teachers explore how students take control of their learning and create real life solutions to pressing conservation and sustainability challenges, using STEM processes and ICT
What is the Designing animal homes – STEM Zoo Journey?
- A practical guide to designing STEM and ICT thinking and processes
- A three part resource that guides you through an exploration phase at school, a data capturing phase at the zoo and a design, sharing phase back at school
- A multi-layered approach with free teacher professional development sessions
- A program where educators and students can participate with minimal to high ICT knowledge / experience
- Designed to engage students in multidisciplinary thinking in a real world context
This free professional learning session for Primary and Middle Years teachers explores the use of the iPad to deepen student learning and engagement while at the Zoo.
To ensure you make the most out of your STEM: Enclosure Design PD session, we kindly ask that the following preparations are made with respect to personal technology
**If you are unable to download from the book store, (reasons such as School-managed iPad or no AppleID), you can directly download the resource and open in the Books app.
A certificate of participation will be emailed after the event with links to AITSL teacher standards (2.0 hours)