Become a life member or buy a life membership for your grandchildren
Buying membership as a Christmas Gift?
Be sure to apply or renew your Zoos SA Membership before 12pm Thursday 18 December for your gift to be received before Christmas. Delivery times may vary for rural or interstate deliveries/post.
If you still want to purchase a gift after 18 December, then head to the Santos Conservation Centre at Adelaide Zoo.
Did you know Zoos SA Membership allows you to visit our zoos as often as you like... but it means so much more to the millions of animal species we share this planet with.
As a not-for-profit conservation charity, we need people like you to join us and support the important conservation work being undertaken within our zoos and in the wild.
So join Zoos SA as a member today. Together, we can save species from becoming just a memory.
Annual Membership Benefits
- Free entry to Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Zoo.
- A non-transferable membership card.
- 10% discount on purchases at Adelaide Zoo, Monarto Zoo retail shops (unless items already discounted).
- Free entry to most major Zoos around Australia including Taronga Park Zoo, Melbourne Zoo, Perth Zoo, Healesville Sanctuary, Western Plains Zoo, Werribee Open Range Zoo (as well as other selected Australian Zoos).
- Free one year subscription to our magazine, which features the latest zoo and conservation news, as well as zoo competitions, member’s information and member’s only events.
- Subscription to Zoo E-news, our fortnightly email newsletter.
- 'Members only’ price for Behind the Scenes Experiences.
- ‘Members only’ price for Events.
- As a member you can apply to become a zoo volunteer.
Life Membership Benefits
You will receive all of the benefits of Annual Membership plus:
- One transferable membership card that admits either one adult or two children to Adelaide Zoo or Monarto Zoo for free with or without the life member (sorry but the transferable card is not valid interstate).
- Life member certificate.
- Life member badge.
- The knowledge that you are supporting the important conservation work of the RZSSA.
Life Membership Card
• This card is non-transferable and must be presented to gain entry
• Card and photo identification must be presented to gain free entry. Present this card to receive a discount at Zoos SA shops and cafes
• Present this card to receive discounts on Behind the Scenes Experiences.
Life Membership Transferrable Pass
• Life Member transferable passes may only be used by one person (or two children) per visit per day to either Adelaide or Monarto Zoos.
• The Life Member who acquires the transferable pass is not required to be in attendance when using a Life Member Transferable pass.
• Transferrable passes cannot be used in conjunction with any Zoos SA programs or promotions that require individual membership to join.
• This pass admits one adult, one student or two children to Adelaide and Monarto Zoos with or without the Life Member in attendance
• Membership discounts do not apply for Behind the Scenes Experiences when entering any Zoos SA sites with a transferrable pass
Conservation Friend of RZSSA Benefits
For people who no longer visit the zoo, but would still like to contribute to the Royal Zoological Society of South Australia’s conservation efforts.
- Free one year subscription to our magazine. Featuring the latest zoo and conservation news, as well as zoo competitions, member’s information and member’s only events.
- Free one year subscription to Zoo E-news, our monthly email newsletter.
- Certificate of conservation friendship.
- This membership category is 100% tax deductible.
Note: Conservation friends do not have visiting or voting rights.
Conditions of Membership
- Memberships are non-transferable. They cannot be used by anyone other than the person whose name is on the card (except for the Life Member transferable card)
- Your membership card together with photo identification must be presented to gain entry into the Zoos (except for the Life Member transferable card)
- When visiting interstate you must have your membership cards with you to gain free entry. If your new cards have not arrived or you have misplaced them, please call us to arrange for a temporary card to be posted to you or collected from Adelaide or Monarto Zoos before you travel interstate.
Membership cards could take up to three weeks to be sent out. To visit before your cards arrive, please show your receipt and photo identification on arrival at Adelaide Zoo or Monarto Zoo.