Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Safari Park are owned and managed by the Royal Zoological Society of South Australia Inc. (RZSSA) ABN 38 750 470 952. By purchasing from The Royal Zoological Society of SA Inc. (The Society), and using this website, you agree to the terms and conditions listed here and elsewhere within this site. Zoos SA reserves the right to make changes to these conditions at any time, and encourages you to review them periodically. Your continued access and use of the site shall be deemed your acceptance of these terms and any subsequent changes.
If you have any questions about your booking, visit, membership or other Zoos SA topic, please contact us here.
Entry and Ticket Purchase
- At Adelaide Zoo & Monarto Safari Park we endeavour to provide exhibits that complement the animals and vegetation in our collection. Please be aware that there are a number of water filled areas. Children must be supervised by an adult at all times, particularly in the contact areas. Please do not seat your children on or allow them to climb barriers.
- Visitors enter Adelaide Zoo or Monarto Safari Park at their own risk and choose to do so under these conditions. No liability for loss, injury or damage will be accepted.
- The Zoo is a place of mass gathering whereby the transmission of viral illnesses, including COVID-19, and other diseases that may have serious impacts on personal health, including death, is of elevated risk. Any person attending the Zoo accepts this risk. For more information about COVID-19 safety measures at Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Safari Park click here.
- All visitors of Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Safari Park must:
- adhere to the directions issued pursuant to the Emergency Management Act 2004 (SA), which includes any COVID Management Plan, COVID Safe Plan or other requirement of a direction issued under that Act;
- adhere to physical distancing requirements and practice good hygiene;
- follow directions of all Zoos SA staff (including directions with respect to the wearing of masks); and
- follow all signage and markers on the floor, pathways, fences and structures throughout Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Safari Park.
- All visitors of the Zoo acknowledge that Zoos SA reserves the right to refuse visitors entry to, or remove visitors from, the Zoo who fail to comply with these Conditions of Entry or who display signs of COVID-19 without any liability whatsoever arising therefrom.
- Zoos SA sites and all visitors are required to abide by Government Health guidelines and the restrictions in place to manage the spread of Covid-19. www.covid-19.sa.gov.au This may result in changes to bookings and reservations, visitors will be advised of options for any bookings affected at the time of the situation.
- In addition to the clause below, we may also provide your information during the Covid-19 pandemic to SA Health if a Covid-19 related risk is identified within a Zoos SA site.
- Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Safari Park are quarantine areas. A guest is not permitted to bring on-site any animal, animal costumes, plastic straws, balls, balloons, bicycles, scooters, skateboards, roller blades or similar apparatus, alcohol or illegal substance.
- Visitors must be prepared to allow their bags to be checked on request by Zoos SA/security staff.
- A visitor is not permitted to use any audio equipment or musical instrument at a volume likely to disturb any animal, or behave in a manner that is likely to cause offence or disruption to other guests.
- A visitor is not permitted to touch or interfere with any animal or vegetation, rocks, stones, sand or similar, feed any animal other than those specified and only with the animal food sold at Adelaide Zoo or Monarto Safari Park, throw any object, climb on, damage or deface any structure or signage, or litter. Do not allow any objects to fall into or enter enclosures.
- While visitors are welcome to take photographs or film for personal use they are not permitted to use it in a commercial capacity, without the written consent of Zoos SA. The use of drones is strictly prohibited.
- Visitors may have their photograph taken on entry or by a roving photographer. Visitors must clearly indicate if they do not wish to be photographed.
- A visitor is not permitted to enter or remain outside public hours or enter any non-public area or exhibit.
- All visitors must abide with any other conditions displayed in Adelaide Zoo or Monarto Safari Park grounds or communicated by Zoos SA staff. The Zoos SA retains the right to deny access and/or eject visitors who are being a public nuisance, acting recklessly or failing to observe directions from Zoos SA/security staff, or any Zoos SA signage. The decision to deny access and/or eject any visitor is made at the absolute discretion of Zoos SA.
- Zoos SA has the authority to close the sites or any part thereof, including any animal exhibit or show, at any time for reasons of adverse weather, equipment failure, maintenance and construction, or in the interest of safety and will not be liable for any loss or expense incurred by a guest as the result of such closures.
- Adelaide Zoo & Monarto Safari Park are Smoke Free sites. Smoking is prohibited within the confines of all Zoos SA buildings and outdoor areas. Please ensure you obtain a pass out from the Visitor Centre if you wish to leave the site for the purpose of smoking.
- Visitors are advised to wash their hands after feeding animals or any animal contact following participation in an animal experience or presentation.
- The late arrival of any booking may result in non-admittance.
- If you have an issue with our service or feel that you have been unfairly treated, please obtain a feedback form from the Visitors Centre or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is the responsibility of visitors to report to Zoos SA staff any inappropriate behaviour, incidents or injuries experienced or observed whilst visiting our sites.
- If you have already purchased your ticket and do not agree with any of these conditions, then please ask for an immediate refund and leave the site entrance area prior to entering Adelaide Zoo or Monarto Safari Park.
- Zoos SA management reserves the right to remove guests from Adelaide Zoo or Monarto Safari Park as a result of their refusal to abide by any of these terms and conditions.
- Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Safari Park are owned and managed by the Royal Zoological Society of South Australia Inc (RZSSA) ABN 38 750 470 952 trading as Zoos SA.
- A visitor must enter via a public entrance and pay the entrance fee applicable.
- Members with a valid membership card must present their membership card on arrival along with identification.
- Where concession Senior or Student tickets have been purchased identification must be provided on arrival at Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Safari Park.
- Child tickets are for ages 4 to 14 years (children under 4 enter for free). Children under 15 years must be accompanied by a paying/supervising adult/concession during entry and at all times whilst inside the zoo grounds. Zoos SA staff are not permitted to allow any child under the age of 15 into Adelaide Zoo or Monarto Safari Park unsupervised.
- Tickets are valid for one use before the valid until date printed on the ticket.
- When purchasing online, you will receive an email with your tickets attached as a PDF file. To gain entry to Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Safari Park you must present your barcoded tickets from the attached PDF file. Entry will not be permitted without presentation of your barcoded tickets. Your confirmation email receipt is not your barcoded tickets and will not be accepted to gain entry.
- Ticket prices are in Australian dollars (AUS$).
- Ticket prices are subject to the Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST). All prices are GST inclusive.
- There will be no refunds due to inclement weather, animals resting, animals sleeping or exhibits closed. If Adelaide Zoo or Monarto Safari Park are closed to the public because of an act of war or terrorism, pandemics or the forces of nature or by any event outside of the control of Zoos SA then refunds shall be at Zoos SA absolute discretion. The service charge is not refundable. If a refund is available it will only be made if the ticket holder surrenders the ticket to RZSSA within 28 days.
- Price and availability of entry and experiences is subject to change without notice.
- No tickets will be exchanged or substituted after purchase.
CO-PRESENTATION EVENT DISCLOSURE
In limited and clearly identified circumstances, Zoos SA may disclose personal information to co-presenters for marketing, customer service and statistical purposes to gain a better understanding of audiences. The following conditions will be met:
- Patrons will be made aware of this at the point of booking.
- Patrons may opt out of future marketing by the third party at any point.
- The third party has no right to use of the data beyond marketing.
Two Visit Pass
- The Two Visit Pass entitles visitors to once-off entry into Adelaide Zoo or Monarto Safari Park with the option to re-visit the same site or visit the second site for half price.
- The offer is valid for 3 months from the original purchase date only.
- The pass must be presented upon redemption.
- Should any visitor wish to purchase a Two Visit Pass after having already purchased a standard admissions ticket, the price difference may be paid upon the presentation of the original receipt. This applies only when purchased before 5pm on the day of the visit.
- Two Visit Passes cannot be used twice at the same park on the same day.
- Passes are transferable but are not refundable.
- The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- All normal entry terms and conditions apply (a copy of our current General Conditions of Entry can be accessed here. We review and update our General Conditions of Entry periodically. Please carefully familiarise yourself with our General Conditions of Entry as they set out a number of important matters including the circumstances in which Zoos SA will permit a person to enter the Adelaide Zoo and the Monarto Safari Park, and their conduct on the grounds.
- The Royal Zoological Society of South Australia reserve the right to amend or cancel the offer at anytime.
- The decision of The Royal Zoological Society of South Australia is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered to.
The below terms and conditions relate to membership of the Royal Zoological Society of South Australia Inc., trading as Zoos SA. A Joining Fee applies to all new households.
- A valid Zoos SA Membership grants the listed member all rights and responsibilities as a member of an Association under the Associations Incorporations Act 1985.
- Subject to the below terms and conditions a valid Zoos SA Membership grants the listed member only unlimited public entry during normal opening hours to all Zoos SA properties including Adelaide Zoo, Monarto Safari Park (except for private functions and special events as determined at the sole discretion of Zoos SA).
- Membership privileges are available only on presentation of a current Membership Card and accompanying photo identification.
- When visiting interstate (reciprocal Zoos in Australia who have arrangements with us to provide admission you with admission to their Zoos as a result of your membership) you must present your Zoos SA membership card and accompanying photo identification at the Membership area of the Interstate Zoo to gain reciprocal access under your membership. You acknowledge that your access to such Interstate States will be subject to any terms and conditions of entry imposed by the owners or operators of those Interstate Zoos from time to time.
- Zoos SA Membership is non-refundable.
- Zoos SA Membership is non-transferable. They cannot be used by anyone other than the person whose name is on the card (excluding Life Member transferrable cards).
- A Zoos SA Membership is only valid during the period up to and including the date of expiry.
- Zoos SA Memberships that expire will enter a ‘lapsed phase’ for a 3 month period after expiry. Memberships renewed after the 3 month lapsed phase will be charged the re-join fee.
- Renewal of Zoos SA Membership that has exceeded its expiry date by a period of more than three months is subject to a joining fee in addition to the membership subscription.
- Proof of concession must be provided during application process to receive discounted membership fees.
- Concessions apply for card holders or Pension, Health or Senior Cards and students aged 15 years and over.
- Copies of concession or student cards must be supplied either by emailing, posting in a photocopy or bringing in your concession card for Membership staff members to sight prior to Zoos SA membership cards being posted out.
- Members joining as a family will be entered as a ‘household’ and will receive Zoos SA communications to share amongst all members of that household.
- A Zoos SA child membership covers a single child aged between 4 and 14 years.
- Additional members may be added to a Zoos SA membership. They are subject to the full applicable membership fee, as per the schedule of fees, and will expire on the same dates as the main member. (Excluding children turning 4 during the family membership year – these will be applied pro rata).
- Replacement membership card cost is $10.00 per card and must be payable at time of order.
- Zoos SA reserves the right to reject any application or renewal and to suspend or terminate a membership without liability or refund if any of the conditions of the membership are not complied with or there is deemed abuse of the privileges, or a break of the Associations Incorporations Act or Society Rules.
- The primary member is responsible for ensuring the details of their Zoos SA Membership are correct and up to date at all times.
- On presentation of Zoos SA Membership card members will receive 10% discount on purchases at Zoos SA retail outlets (excludes discounted stock) and in cafe outlets.
- Other than free admission, Zoos SA Membership benefits and the Terms and Conditions, are subject to periodic review and adjustment at the discretion of the Royal Zoological Society of South Australia.
- Our General Conditions of Entry (as updated by us from time to time) apply to and form part of each member’s Membership with Zoos SA. A copy of our current General Conditions of Entry can be accessed here. We review and update our Conditions of Entry periodically. Any person considering Membership with Zoos SA should carefully familiarise themselves with the Conditions of Entry as they set out a number of important matters including the circumstances in which Zoos SA will permit a person to enter the Adelaide Zoo and the Monarto Safari Park, and their conduct on the grounds.
- Membership cards can take up to three weeks to be sent out. To visit before your cards arrive, please show your receipt and photo identification on arrival at Adelaide Zoo or Monarto Safari Park.
- All memberships expired past 3 months will incur a $25 re-join fee. The annual membership period starts from the date of expiry of the current annual membership, unless a $25 re-join fee is paid.
DISCOUNT ENTRY TICKET OFF NEW MEMBERSHIP WITHIN 7 DAYS
Visitors to Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Safari Park choosing to discount their membership fees by the cost of the days admission are bound by the following terms:
- Membership form must be received with payment within 7 days of visit.
- A valid entry receipt must be provided at the time of membership purchase.
- Only one admission amount can be discounted from each membership purchased.
- Admissions must be of an equivalent value than the membership they are to be discounted from. For example, the maximum discount for a child membership is a child admission fee.
- The discount applied will be the amount paid for admission on that day.
- An admission discount will only be applied once per receipt.
- A delivery fee will be charged for membership packs to be posted, with an option of free collection from Adelaide Zoo.
- Cards will be available for collection from Adelaide Zoo’s membership hub a minimum of 5 days after receiving the application form – ID will be required from primary member at time of collection.
- Admission will be granted to card holders only.
LIFE MEMBERSHIP CARD
- This card is non-transferable and must be presented to gain entry.
- Card and photo identification must be presented to gain free entry. Present this card to receive a discount at Zoos SA shops and cafes.
- Present this card to receive discounts on Behind the Scenes Experiences.
- Benefits of life membership including the transferable pass are no longer valid following death of the life member.
LIFE MEMBERSHIP TRANSFERRABLE PASS
- Life Member transferable passes may only be used by one adult (or two children) per day to visit Adelaide or Monarto Safari Parks.
- The Life Member who acquires the transferable pass is not required to be in attendance when using a Life Member Transferable pass.
- Transferable passes cannot be used in conjunction with any Zoos SA programs or promotions that require individual membership to join.
- Membership discounts do not apply for Behind the Scenes Experiences when entering any Zoos SA sites with a transferable pass
- Transferable passes are no longer valid following death of the life member.
- Only children under the age of 4 are eligible for a ‘Cub Membership’
- Cub Memberships must be linked to at least one fee paying membership
- Cub Membership cards are only valid at Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Safari Park
- Cub Members can present this card to receive discounts on Zoos SA shops and café purchases
- Children under 4 are not considered ‘fee paying members’
- Cub Members must be accompanied by an adult at all times when visiting Zoos SA sites
Zoo Shop & Website
ORDERING GOODS & SERVICES
Any order placed by you via this website is an offer by you to purchase a particular product or service for the price (including the deliver and other charges) specified in this website at the time you place your order. The Zoo reserves the right to accept or reject your offer for any reason, including, but without limitation, the unavailability of any product, an error in the price or the product description posted on this website, an error in your order or a failure in your payment. Your ability to purchase products and services from this website may be terminated at any time by the Zoo without notice. The products and services offered for sale are only available to individuals who can make legally binding contracts.
AUSTRALIAN GOODS & SERVICES TAX (GST)
All orders placed within Australia are subject to the Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST). All Australian prices are GST inclusive. Any orders placed outside Australia for delivery within Australia are also subject to GST. Any International Orders are GST Free.
CURRENCY & CONVERSIONS
Transactions via The Society website are carried out in Australian dollars (AUS$).
Unless stated otherwise, all products ordered via The Society website are available at the time of ordering. Any item unavailable online may be available via a back order. Queries about back orders should be directed to the Zoo Shop on +61 2 8230 1233 or email email@example.com
Delivery costs are based on item count, size, weight and the delivery destination. Once items have been added to the shopping cart an estimated delivery cost will be displayed. This will be confirmed once a delivery address has been added during the checkout process.
INTERNATIONAL IMPORT CHARGES & TAXES
Overseas deliveries may be subject to import charges and other local taxes. Any such charges are the responsibility of the customer. Customs restrictions may also apply.
Any complaints should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A reply will be sent notifying you of what action is being taken and when it will be resolved.
In using this website you agree to (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the checkout form for your account information and (b) maintain and promptly update that information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we may suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current and future use of this site. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and membership number and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
TERMINATION OF USE
Material on this site is purely for informational purposes, and should not be used as a substitute for professional or industry advice. The Society is committed to quality service to its customer’s and makes every attempt to ensure accuracy, currency and reliability of the data contained in these documents. However, changes in circumstances after the time of publication may affect the quality of this information.
Using Zoos SA social media channels
Zoos SA is a non-profit conservation charity which operates Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Safari Park. By continuing to access the Zoos SA services, you agree to be bound by the terms outlined below and any additional terms. Please check this page regularly so you are aware of any updates to the terms. If you do not agree with any of the terms, as updated or amended, please do not use the service.
You are responsible for all content you contribute to any Zoos SA service, including comments, text, photos, videos, audio and links (Your Content).
By contributing content to any Zoos SA service, you grant Zoos SA royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to use Your Content in any way that we want, and in any media worldwide. This may include the use of your photos or video on Australian or worldwide media. You retain copyright and any other rights you hold in Your Content and can continue to share and commercialise Your Content as you wish.
You confirm you own or have the right to use any copyright material included in Your Content (including, photos, and excerpts of audio or video), that you have permission of anyone appearing or performing in Your Content and that you are not infringing any person’s rights by submitting the content to Zoos SA. You also confirm you have, where appropriate, sought the consent of the parent or guardian of any person under the age of 18 who is featured in Your Content.
Please ensure you keep your own copies of Your Content as Zoos SA may not archive, store or back-up Your Content nor continue to make Your Content accessible online.
Zoos SA will endeavour to provide you with an appropriate credit when using Your Content on Zoos SA platforms, though you understand and agree this may not always be possible.
SOCIAL MEDIA COMMENTING
While encouraging commenting, Zoos SA expects those commenting to treat each other and moderators of these channels with respect and courtesy. These standards apply to interaction within all Zoos SA social media sites. Zoos SA is a charity with limited resources and staff and is ultimately here to carry out our purpose of ‘Connecting people with nature and saving animals from extinction’. We do our best to moderate our social media sites during working hours. If you see content that you feel is in breach of our conditions, please contact email@example.com
You understand and agree the Zoos SA has ultimate editorial control over all its social media commenting. Zoos SA may edit, remove or exercise its discretion not to accept or publish your contribution for legal, editorial or operational reasons including if Zoos SA considers it to be:
- defamatory, or otherwise unlawful or that it violates laws regarding harassment, discrimination, racial vilification, privacy or contempt. Zoos SA reserves the right to close comments on posts that may elicit harmful, defamatory or otherwise unlawful user contributions;
- intentionally false or misleading;
- an infringement of intellectual property rights including copyright;
- abusive, offensive or obscene;
- inappropriate, off topic, repetitive or vexatious.
- compromising the privacy of any person or containing inappropriate personal information;
- seeking to endorse commercial products or services;
- seeking to directly solicit donations;
- deliberate provocation of other community members; or
- impersonating someone else and/or posting on behalf of a suspended member.
Zoos SA values the role of its communities in guiding content standards and etiquette. If you have concerns about inappropriate content on Zoos SA social media channel you can alert us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zoos SA does not endorse the views or material contained in the contributions of members of the public or third party sites.
Full payment is required at least 7 days in advance from the day of your visit. This payment can be made via cheque, electronic funds transfer or credit card. Payment is required in one transaction, not individual payments. Access to Adelaide Zoo will not be permitted if payment is not received before the due date. Once final numbers have been collected, please contact the group booking agent for a taxation invoice. Please see below for the rate that is applicable to your group;
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY
Adelaide Zoo is not required to give a refund where the ticket holder is unable or chooses not to attend. OHSC and group cancellations must be informed to the bookings office at least 24 hours in advance. The bookings office can be called on (08) 8267 3255. Any cancelation by a Vacation Care or group can be rescheduled within the next 6 months from the purchase date of the tickets.
There will be no refunds due to inclement weather, animals resting, animals sleeping or exhibits closed. If Adelaide Zoo is closed to the public because of an act of war or terrorism or the forces of nature or by any event outside of the control of the Zoo then refunds shall be at the Zoo’s absolute discretion. The service charge is not refundable. If a refund is available it will only be made if the ticket holder surrenders the ticket to RZSSA within 28 days. No tickets will be exchanged or substituted after purchase.
ARRIVAL / PARKING INFORMATION
Entrance to the Zoo is via Plane tree Drive, bus drop off points are available on Plane Tree Drive near the zoo entrance. Please have your student/ Group assembled together in the courtyard area while a staff member/ Group Leader confirms your arrival to the Outside Information Desk. Zoo staff will arrange access via the group entry gate.
If you require bus parking for the day, please call the Torrens Parade Ground (located on the corner of King William Road and Victoria Dve, Adelaide, Adelaide SA 5000) on 08 8203 9855.
Street meter parking is also available on Plane Tree Drive, Frome Road and War Memorial Drive.
SUPERVISION (OSHC / VACATION CARE)
Supervisors are responsible for the safety and behaviour of their students. Specialist areas eg Nocturnal House, Reptile House, walkthrough aviaries, are best viewed by small, supervised groups to ensure enjoyment for both students and the general public. Students are required to be supervised in the restaurant, zoo shops and children’s zoo at all times. It is important that supervisors accept responsibility for class discipline and safety throughout the visit. To assist with this the zoo offers the following free ratio for teachers:
Vacation Care Rates= 8 students: 1 teacher/ adult gain free entry
Adults beyond this ratio will be charged the groups rates.
OSHC Groups – We appreciate your close supervision of students within the Panda exhibit. We recommend splitting into small closely supervised groups to ensure Panda’s and students have the best possible experience.
There is no need to make booking times to see the Giant and Red Panda’s. Please note the Bamboo Forest is open to the general public from 9:45am – 4:30pm. During high visitation times such as school holidays, we advise that OSHC groups confirm a timeslot to view the Pandas with their group bookings officer to avoid congestion.
Group bookings are subject to our General Conditions of Entry (as updated by us from time to time). A copy of our current General Conditions of Entry can be accessed here. We review and update our General Conditions of Entry periodically. Any person considering making a group booking should carefully familiarise themselves with our General Conditions of Entry as they set out a number of important matters including the circumstances in which a person will be permitted entry to the Zoo, and their conduct therein.
Light Creatures at Adelaide Zoo Flexible Ticketing Policy
Adelaide Zoo is a Covid Management Plan site and restrictions apply to entry for visitors under certain SA Health directions including those who have tested positive, or have been deemed close or causal contacts. In the case that a patron is unwell with Covid-19 symptoms, has been directed to go into quarantine and/or is isolating while awaiting further directions from SA Health or the relevant state health government body, ticket date exchanges can be facilitated on the below terms and appropriate SA Health documentation may need to be provided to Zoos SA.
- Ticket exchanges must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of the original date and time of the session on the ticket, ticket exchanges cannot be facilitated retrospectively.
- Ticket exchanges must be for the same event and subject to date and session availability. If an alternative date cannot be found, a refund will be given.
An exchange or refund may not be offered in the following conditions: