Zoos SA is a non-profit charitable organisation who are committed to education and the conservation of animals. In this role you will assist Zoos SA to achieve corporate objectives by developing and maintaining innovative, effective and forward looking strategies and practices across Marketing, Media, Membership, PR, Sponsorship, Website and Fundraising.
Here is an opportunity to shape the development and delivery of the overall marketing strategies for this iconic organisation. With a mix of hands on and strategic functions, you will:
- Mentor and manage a team of Marketing and Fundraising staff
- Develop and deliver a 3 year Strategic Plan
- Develop and leverage key stakeholder relationships and networks, both internally and externally
- Create and communicate Zoos SA marketing, media and income generation activities
- Manage, monitor and analyse activities and campaigns
- Monitor current trends and economic climate and assess risks across media, the political environment, public and social media
- Promote Zoos SA’s image through attendance at meetings, functions and community activities
- Provide expert advice on Public Relations across the organisation and manage media releases and strategies
- Enhance website, online and social media presence
- Operate within a budget and provide reports for Board, Annual Report and ongoing Corporate requirements
- Ensure records, procedures and systems meet legislative and business requirements
You will be an engaged and passionate leader who can use a mix of hands on marketing expertise and strategic innovative approach to build a stand out marketing program, Key will be your ability to build and engage with the community and stakeholders.
Due to the level of role and nature of the business, there will be some out of hours work commitments. Salary expectations will be discussed with shortlisted applicants. The role is based at the Adelaide Zoo but there will be a requirement to visit the Monarto Zoo on a regular basis. This role is offered on a 3 year fixed term contract basis.
Degree qualifications in Marketing are desirable but not essential. Experience working within, the Not for Profit sector or a similar industry will be highly regarded. The successful applicant will be required to undergo Police Clearances and a functional capacity assessment.
Davies Stewart welcomes applicants, on behalf of Zoos SA, with previous proven experience in a senior marketing role including managing a team and having overall responsibility for strategy, budgets and meeting reporting requirements.
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted by phone to further discuss your experience. Enquiries can be made to Trudy Dickson on 08 8232 8008.
Resumes must be directed to Davies Stewart via firstname.lastname@example.org.