Adelaide Zoo – Winner of TWO SA Tourism Awards in 2017!!! Major Tourist Attraction & the RAA’s People’s Choice Tourism Award
Zoos SA is a not-for-profit conservation charity that exists to connect people with nature and save species from extinction. They provide conservation education, as well as supporting and conducting many conservation, breeding and research programs. As part of their conservation efforts they run Adelaide and Monarto Zoos.
Summary of the Role:
Supporting the General Manager of Visitor Experience in development and delivery of the Visitor Experience Strategic Plan, the role of Tourism Manager is responsible for planning, innovating and leading short-term and long-term strategy, implementation and successful execution of trade and marketing activities in both domestic and global markets. This role leads account management for tourism industry stakeholders and the achievement of KPIs through the management and development of trade revenue, booking systems, agreements, product and global distribution.
Committed to the team goals and objectives and actively contributing to achieve these, the successful applicant will demonstrate their adaptability by being open to change and showing willingness to support innovation. Showing initiative and responding quickly when situations change and acting constructively and strategically in high pressured and unpredictable situations.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Working between both Adelaide and Monarto Zoos, your key deliverables include:
· Developing Zoos SA Tourism Industry relationships as an account manager for organisations and Industry partners.
· Manage reseller clients and be the point of escalation for Zoos SA reservations team for all trade bookings
· Commercial contract management, commission setting and distribution.
· Lead the package development process with third parties (ie: coordination of day itineraries with surrounding businesses).
· Plan and execute domestic and international marketing campaign programming with partners such as SATC and resellers
· Deliver sales calls and product training in-market for identified clients.
· Develop, negotiate, manage and maintain Zoos SA Trade distribution strategy domestically and internationally
· Development and maintenance of tourism based accreditations such as ECO Advanced certification, Zoos South Australia Tourism Action Plan.
· Provide strategic advice and recommendations to management on pricing, distribution and partnership opportunities.
Skills and experience
· Proven experience contributing to and providing tourism-focussed advice on projects
· Demonstrated management experience in a tourism facility or similar
· Experience delivering data-driven marketing, customer relationship management and basic advertising principles
· Experience supporting a range of internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to staff, volunteers and resellers.
· Experience producing marketing material for strategic trade sales purposes
· Knowledge of best practice customer service and application to both internal and external clients.
· Experience in assessing business/experience sales strategies and product development to achieve business goals.
· Knowledge of tourism IT systems and the maximisation of sales through them
Essential criteria includes:
· Tertiary qualifications in tourism, marketing, public relations, media or equivalent experience.
· A current Driver’s Licence
· Police Clearance
· Ability to travel both Interstate and international travel.
This position is being recruited by Davies Stewart, please make phone enquiries to Eleanor on (08) 8232 8008.
The competitive salary will be discussed with short listed applicants.