Commercial filming and photography fee is from $400 per hour or $4,000 per day plus GST.
- Additional fees for specific requirements may apply.
- Fees may not be charged if Zoos South Australia (Zoos SA) is highlighted or mentioned in the editorial/script.
- Fees may be negotiable if the filming/photography is for educational purposes.
Conditions of filming:
1. (a) The Zoos SA reserves at its absolute discretion the right to refuse permission for photography on its premises.
(b) The Zoos SA reserves the right to refuse permission for photography which in its opinion may be in bad taste and/or damage the reputation of the organisation, its staff, volunteers and members.
2. Animals must not be unduly disturbed or distressed in order to obtain preferred positions or special effects. Neither must they be handled by any person except under the supervision of a senior Zoo officer.
3. Filming must not interfere with normal Zoo working nor cause inconvenience to the public.
4. Damage to property of the Zoos SA or any member of the public present upon the Zoo premises which is caused by the Hirer or his Servants or Agents will in every case be the responsibility of the Hirer and will be compensated for entirely by him.
5. The Hirer and their Agents enter upon the premises of Adelaide and Monarto Zoos entirely at their own risk and the Zoos SA is not responsible for injury to the person or damage to the property of the Hirer or Agents whether caused by the negligence of the Zoos SA or its Agents otherwise.
6. In the event of personal injury being incurred by others than the animal attendant, the Hirer must accept full responsibility. Veterinary fees resulting from injury to any animals is the Hirers expense and in the case of animal death, compensation to be paid at animal replacement value.
7. Payment will be made within 30 days of receipt of official the Zoos SA account.
8. No commercial/major filming is undertaken during any high visitation period, unless urgent and in that case each request will be assessed prior to approval.
9. The Zoos SA may waive part or all of the above fees if it considers there is an overriding benefit. Such cases may include proposals with a strong educational or conservation focus, or proposals with a promotional or other benefit for the Zoos SA. The waiving of fees is entirely at the discretion of Zoos SA.
For more information please contact Public Relations for further information.