As a conservation charity, one of the most rewarding parts of our job is telling our community about the amazing things they’ve helped us accomplish.
That’s why we’re launching monthly ‘Impact Updates’ so that you can read all about the ways your support is helping us make a difference. Here are some of the ways we made an impact in January:
- We sent our veterinary team to Kangaroo Island to assist with bushfire recovery
- Thanks to our partner Beach Energy, we were able to donate $10,000 AUD to our partner SANParks Honorary Rangers to help fight poachers and increase safety for rangers
- We split proceeds from the Zoos SA Gala between our critical rhino conservation project, which will see a large number of Southern White Rhinos relocated to Monarto Safari Park, and the crucial task of helping our local wildlife recover from the recent devastating bushfires
- We educated 67,000 visitors about wildlife and species conservation (and many more online!)
- We educated and inspired 1694 students through our Zoo Learning programs
- We celebrated the arrival of a critically endangered Western Swamp Tortoise and Greater Bilbies
- We joined a nationally-funded recovery program in response to the bushfire crisis
- We joined a panel of experts in Canberra as part of the Ministerial Roundtable on the Bushfire Environment Response
- We started stage 2 of Wild Africa (our rhino sanctuary!)
- We worked on three of eight waterholes at Wild Africa which will supply water for all Wild Africa animals
- We continued construction on our breeding centre for the endangered Plains Wanderer.
Although we’re thrilled with these achievements and milestones, we’re more determined than ever to grow our impact even more — you can help by simply visiting Adelaide Zoo or Monarto Safari Park or by making a 100% tax deductible donation.
We have big plans for the months ahead and we look forward to keeping you updated on how your support is making a real difference. 🐾