Please ensure you read the general information as it outlines some things you should know about being a volunteer at the zoo.
Volunteer tasks at Monarto Zoo vary but are all an integral part of assisting with the running of the park and helping our visitors to have an enjoyable experience.
The tasks provided by the volunteers are divided within three categories; Mallee Minders, Hospitality and Monarto Guides.
- Are primarilly involved in vegetation work at Monarto including tree planting, seed collection & propagation, weed eradication, irrigation and general cleaning on the site
- Assist staff with enclosure landscaping
- Assist with other odd jobs around the park
- Attend to these tasks Wednesdays from 9:30am
Orientation and basic training weekends are held every year, followed by on the job training for Mallee Minders and a TAFE accredited guide course for Monarto Guides (a commitment of a four day course held at Monarto plus on the job training and appraisal).
A small cost is involved to cover costs of administration and printed material.
Please Note: All applications for volunteer roles are subject to acceptance by the Society.
- Lead safari bus tours and walking tours around the park
- Provide static guiding at set locations within the park
- Provide commentary and information about the park and about wildlife conservation
- Assist at the park a minimum of one day per month