It takes a number of people to run the zoo on a day to day basis. There is a wide variety of people with a range of skills, experience and knowledge who all work together to achieve our purpose and aspiration.
Our employees work to our underlying values:
- Working together: We listen, consult and collaborate to bring out the best from our diversity, skills, experience, knowledge and resources.
- Innovating: We seek and share new, unique and resourceful ways to achieve our purpose while always learning and improving.
- Leading with integrity: We are guided by the highest standards, lead by example and make evidence-based and transparent decisions.
- Delivering purpose: We are passionate about delivering conservation outcomes and saving species. We impart this through respectful, positive and engaging experiences for both people and wildlife.
Benefits of working for Zoos SA
Zoos SA offers a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Annualised Salaries
- Income Protection
- Membership to Zoos SA
- Access to additional discounted member tickets
- Opportunity to join a fun and active social club
- Discounts on Retail items or special event prices.
- Access to a free and confidential Employee Assistance Program & Manager Assistance Program
- Professional membership reimbursements
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Paid parental leave