Our Zoos SA volunteers love the outdoors, animals and interacting and engaging with people. Our generous volunteers contribute across Zoos SA through a range of people-facing and behind the scenes roles. Often they are the public face of Zoos SA and key connectors with guests to our animal and conservation stories.
As a volunteer you’ll gain knowledge, develop skills and utilise the strengths and experiences you already possess, to contribute positively to our programs.
Please note: Our volunteer roles DO NOT involve working directly with animals.
To become a volunteer you must:
- Be 18 years of age to apply.
- Have a current National Police Check or WWCC or be willing to undergo a screening;
- Be a current financial member of the zoo;
- Commit to regular service of about 180 hours per year of service. A weekly or at least fortnightly shift is expected so you can remain engaged and up-to-date with our organisation.
- Have your own email address and are comfortable using phones, tablets or PCs to access email, our online roster system, undertake e-learning and communication updates.
- Undertake our volunteer training and refresher training.
- And agree to act in accordance with our values, policies, procedures and processes.
You can apply anytime via the online form. Check out the different roles in ‘General Interests’ and select those which are most of interest and you feel you are best suited to.
If your interests match our current recruitment needs you will be invited to attend a short ‘matching workshop or interview’ so we can see if you fit our program, values and organisational culture, and that we also match to your expectations!
NOTE: We receive a high number of applications and selection to be a volunteer is a competitive process due to the limited places available. We recruit for roles on an as needs basis with some roles only advertised internally.
We are seeking passionate, committed, curious, adaptable, positive and cheerful volunteers who desire to serve our organisation and conservation efforts.